City of Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety Emergency Preparedness page (Office of Emergency Services, includes SNAP and SARES)
- Santa Clara County Sheriff, Office of Emergency Services
- Emergency Digital Information Service (State of California) at the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services
- Communications Reserve Unit at the California Governor's Office of Emergency Services"
- State Disaster Service Worker program description and coverage
- SPECS (Southern Peninsula Emergency
- SVECS (Silicon Valley Emergency
- Santa Clara County ARES/RACES
- neighboring ARES organizations:
Los Altos (K6LOS),
Los Altos Hills (W6LAH),
Mountain View (K6MTV),
South County (K6MPN, San Mateo),
Stanford University (W6YX)
- National Weather Service San Francisco Bay Area and Monterey
- the Hurricane Watch Net on 14.325MHz and Amateur Radio station WX4NHC at the National Hurricane Center (at the Florida International University).
- NOAA West Coast & Alaska Tsunami Warning Center and Pacific Tsunami Warning Center - Ewa Beach, Hawai`i
- USGS Maps of Recent Earthquake Activity in California
- ARRL (The American Radio Relay League)
- ARRL Santa Clara Valley section
- Amateur Radio Study Session and Test (Bay Area Educational Amateur Radio Society)
- Upcoming ham license exam dates and locations
- online ham practice exams: AA9PW.com, eHam.net, the official question pools (ARRL/VEC)
- the Anderson Power Pole connector, the new standard for all radio power supply connections in California ARES groups (if you have trouble finding a local supplier please contact the webmaster). The 'buck0' Anderson power pole application page. When assembling the Anderson power pole, remember to do it "Tongue Top Red Right".
- HFpack group: provides an information exchange about transceivers, antennas, systems, packs, propagation, new developments and techniques in HF portable operation.
- USNO Daylight Savings Time FAQ
$Date: 2017-06-19 20:05:30+00 $
© 2003-2018 SARES/K6OTT. All rights reserved.